Monday, April 17, 2006

Am I Matured or Immatured?

Well its now being the Nth time have I thot - Am I being the son acting irresponsible and immatured or is it my parents?I ask this myself when I sit down to think my past 1 yr life. One year bac , I was working in the same way back in my lovable nation but with the secured feeling of staying in my nation and close to my family.I was being advised to be much more matured in my decisions and act towards my future. Well in response to those so called advices, I planned my future in India itself to move ahead in my career job , earn more , save more and ultimately make my future a better 1 to both me and my parents. But at this very juncture comes the comes this big Clash of thoughts and decisions in my life in the name of GENERATION GAP - ME Vs PARENTS.

I hope many of you @ this situation might have thought to stay back in our own nation - earn more and live ahead happily.My parents,who asked me to act maturedly advising "Son, its high time you see your careeer abroad.You will get more technical exposure.You will earn more".If you try to investigate the original brainmaster in such comments and preachings of our lovable makers,the initial source would be the so called SOCIETY. Let me state an incident for this :

When I was at home for my vacations some time early last year, one of my close relative came up and had a tit-bit chat with my mom.She was asking about my job, where I work , how long Im in job , etc . Now here comes the most anticipated momber on our parents mind - she ultimately shooted THE Q "Why is your son not into USA now?You know my father's X's Y's Z's is in USA.He earns this much and he already has got a apartment here you know.We have started to look alliances for him .Obviously now he will get big big alliances le". What would you expect out of this HIGHLY SENSITIVE ISSUE ???. If u were in my stand - YES U got it. My mom came upto me, after the Female NARADHAR left, saying "karthi.see how they tell how big you can earn in USA?you dont u also try to go to onsite.its been arnd 2.5 years u r working.So ask for onsite and earn more son.Its for your future only.You earn more so you save more and invest thangam....blah blah..".

That very point of this advise triggers the big Question for me - Am I acting Immatured or they?????? Why do our parents who preach all things for our future , lend their ears to all those useless talks from those so called RELATIVES but not listen to our own opinions. Does these emotional blackmails from our parents really proving improvement in our own personal life??? Does that mean listening to them and working here denote - Am I leading a convincing life or compromising life??? When we the youth Generation X are so eager to spend our living and future with parents in our home nation with all the confidence to make out for our happy living, why doesnt the same prompt into our senior generation aka parents ?Are we matured in this sense or not? Mebbe this can be patriotism or Emotional Maturity in us?.But why doesn't this echo into our elders' minds who just want to see their products get marketed in the International market and earn more rather than staying near them and earn just for a happy living? Am I right or wrong in this regards?

Well lots of questions always do arise when we talk on something emotional and so does this issue.But does listening to them ,improves our lives or its just we are made to live happily with something thats not into our intensions of living?Well If you ask me I would say they are not wrong because I love them so mch and yeah I'M AN EMOTIONAL IDIOT :)Well the decision is ours to make for our life. I have decided to be here for some years for my parents's happiness and move back to my mother land for settling down which would be my own intentions .So does that mean I have lead my life convincing or compromising? GOK :)))

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

dei enka veetula nadandadu unaku eppudida therinjichu???
enaku unna mathuri ellam korvaya englipish-la ezhatha theriathu, irunthalum solra... avankala porata mattil society is THE constraint, they will dance for all the tunes this society plays..

Anonymous said...

hi...this is priya...ur orkut friend...hmmm...a sensitive topic..

you know u cant say tht ur parents r immature....n neither u are....
your parents...work day n night...earn with lotsa difficulties...jus to bring u up... see u grow...n see u shine..
its absolutely not wrong if they take pride in sayin..."my son is in US....kai naraya sambaadhikkaraan!"
after all.thts wat u give them in return.....
im not sayin that if u r in the states only...u can earn...etc...etc....
but de thing is tht.....u ahv to accept de fact tht u earn more der!!! almost twice de amount....
may be u r missin ur country....obvious...
u r parents had asked u to choose dis for ur future....coz....tomorrow...u shd'nt struggle to bring up ur child!!!
its all de part of life!!!
its not tht...with a 3rd person's advice they r askin u to go..... its that.... they r askin u to do....wat they wanted to ....in young age....but cud'nt.....!!
romba paesarenoo??
jus scribbled wat i felt abt this blog!!

Karthik Gandhi said...

hi priya thanx for those opinions
frm support from u readers shall write more n torture u lol
jst kidin
thnx for those comments

Anonymous said...

Sri here.. (Kumara)
such a delicate topic.. Though people say that its for future..its no way doing any good for our happiness...Being here in US gives some money..but not the real happiness and joy that we would get in our country.. Life la sandosam thaan mukkiyam illaiya.. This age is to enjoy life with whatever way we want...Once a person get married...get a kid..he needs to run all thru the remaining days in life..Just if i think how my future would be..am really getting worries to realise that i will not get even a single day to live happily as I used to..
Even if u stay in US for 5 years..its hard to get a apartment in Metro city... :-) Am thinking to give up...podhum pa saamy..